Jenny’s Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe
We’ve concluded that everyone likes cheesecake and if you say you don’t like cheesecake it is probably because you’ve never had GOOD cheesecake. This month we’ve gone through the trouble to provide you with a deliciously airy and rich recipe for a decadent cheesecake. This recipe is bound to “ooh” and “ahh” anyone who is willing to pick up a fork and try it. It includes a Jenny’s Raspberry Sour topping to drizzle on top when serving, but you can top the cheesecake beforehand if that’s what your heart desires.
Cook Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Inactive Time: 12 hours
Total 13 hours and 30 minutes
Yield: Roughly 12 servings
- 1 ½ cups of finely crushed graham cracker crumbs (11 crackers)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 ½ pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 5 whole large eggs
- 2 large eggs yolks
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Jenny’s Raspberry Sour Topping
- 2 cups Raspberry jelly
- ¼ cup Jenny’s Raspberry Sour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the crust, combine crushed graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter until evenly combined. Pour mixture into a 9-inch springform pan and press crumbs into the bottom of the pan and about one inch up the walls of the pan. Bake for 8 minutes and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Raise the oven temperature to 450 degrees F.
- To make the filling, place the cream cheese into a mixer set to medium-high speed and add sugar until light and fluffy. Reduce speed of the mixer to medium and add in the eggs and egg yolks, two at a time, while mixing well before adding more. With the mixer still on medium, add in the sour cream and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly and pour into the cooled crust.
- Place in the oven and cooked for 15 minutes on 450 degrees F. After 15 minutes, turn oven temperature down to 225 degrees F and bake for another hour and 15 minutes (one and a half hours total). Once an hour and a half has passed, turn off the oven and open the oven door completely and let the cake sit for 30 minutes. Remove cake from oven and allow to sit at room temperature for 3 hours, wrap and refrigerate overnight (nine hours).
- To remove cake from springform pan, carefully run a butter knife around the outside of the cake. Leave the cake on the bottom pan for serving.
- To make the Jenny’s Raspberry Sour topping, melt the raspberry jelly in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Cook until the jelly has reduced down to about half and add in the ¼ cup of Jenny’s Raspberry Sour and cook for another five minutes over medium heat.
- You’re all done! Cut cheesecake to serve and drizzle topping over slices when serving and pour yourself a beer with the remaining Jenny’s Raspberry Sour!