Good stuff drinkers,
Here is some big news regarding reopening and a summary of the changes that will be happening at Midland Brewing Company. These new expectations will not just apply to the Midland Brewing Company crew, but to you as well, as these have been laid out with the safety of our guests and crew members in mind. We appreciate your support and patience while we navigate our way back to pouring and serving our historically great food and beer! Fasten your seat belt, you are about to get your reading on!
Beginning 6/9/2020: We are opening our patio for beer and wine service ONLY at this time. The patio and restaurant will not be open for dine-in service until next week. You will be able to place an order for to-go food from our curbside menu and can enjoy your drinks and to-go food on the patio. Orders for food will need to be placed online or over the phone.
Beginning 6/23/2020: We will reopen the restaurant with an expanded, but still limited menu, for dine-in and patio service at 50% capacity. If you are seated on our patio or in the restaurant, you will have table service for both drinks and food. You are still welcome to order online or over the phone, and can enjoy your good stuff at our picnic tables in the backyard. If you decide to sit at a picnic table, we will not be offering table service for drinks or food.
NEW EXPECTATIONS FOR THE NEW NORMAL
- First and foremost, if you or someone in your household are feeling or have recently been ill, please stay home. We cannot stress this enough
- Moving tables is strictly prohibited
- Guest are required to wear masks until they are seated at their tables
- Guests will not be permitted to gather in our waiting area. You will need to use our Curbside Reservation System and will be notified by text message when their table is ready. This goes for whether you are planning to stop by for just a pint or having a meal. Stay tuned for more information being posted tonight. (This does NOT apply UNTIL 6/23/2020)
- Please do not enter the brewery until you have received a text message notifying you that your table is ready –
- We cannot, for any reason, accommodate any groups larger than 10 people. This includes children
- No loitering at any other tables or at any areas in the restaurant or patio. Customers will be required to maintain a 6’ social distance from other groups
- If you would like to shop our merchandise or to-go drinks options, a crew member will assist you. Please refrain from touching any merchandise and to wear a mask while in this area of the brewery
We expect you to follow these expectations so that we can all enjoy the good stuff that life has to offer. We do not want to exercise our right to refuse service but will do so for the health and safety of our crew members and guests if necessary.
SO YOU KNOW THAT WE ARE SERIOUS
- Now that you know what we expect from our guests, here is what you can know and expect from us.
- Our entire crew has taken educational courses and are certified in COVID-19 To-Go Preparedness and ServSafe Food Handler Safety
- Our Kitchen and Dining Room has been gutted and deep-cleaned. Extensive cleaning and sanitizing processes have been developed and are being practiced
- We have reduced our seating to 50% of our full capacity with 6’ of space between each table to assure and maintain proper social distancing
- Staff will be required to wear masks at all times
- Staff has been tested for COVID-19 before returning to work
- New training manuals have been developed to extensively educate all staff on proper handwashing, proper application and removal of gloves, and proper way to handle facemasks
- Our menus are now disposable single use menus, or feel free to view our online menu
- Foot pulls have been installed in restrooms for hands free door opening
- We eliminated waiting areas by developing a Curbside Reservation System so that guests may wait in their vehicles until their table is ready
- All shareable condiments have been removed from tables and have switched to individual condiments and disposables for all table service, including plates, cups, and cutlery
- We created new duties and roles for members of our crew to reflect the new normal
- Shift Safety Leader: This crew member is responsible for monitoring employee health by performing wellness checks before staff enters the building and making sure all sanitation and safe service processes are being completed accordingly.
- Dedicated Runner: This position is responsible for the removal of used disposables and debris from customer tables to minimize servers handling used dishes. They are also responsible for constant cleaning and sanitizing surfaces and restrooms.
Congratulations, you made it! Thank you for your understanding and we greatly appreciate your compliance with our transition to this new-fashioned ordinary! As always, we are focused on providing a safe experience for our crew and guests, and we believe that by working together we can do that.
Your friends at Midland Brewing Company